Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Behind the Scenes Summer 2012













I am a terrible blogger. I never keep my word. I'm all "I'll totally start updating again! Every day! " and then a whole lotta time passes...zOMG you guys! Did I just not blog for like a year? OOPSIE.

Anyways, I thought I would share some behind the scene shots from the three big editorials I did in June (Mad Women -Retro-modern glam), July (Jolene - My take on Western wear), and August (Bad Apple - Naughty school girl to be published in Hacid soon).

I learned a lot from each shoot and was happy with the results of each. I have to say, it's not easy being a stylist. There's a lot of financial risk, it's very physically demanding, you need to be unusually flexible as photoshoots are very dynamic with all their elements but then you also need to be well planned because you're working with a team towards an agreed upon vision, and working with a group of passionate people is a whole other story, and I could go on!

It's amazing though to see your imagination played out. It's like nothing else. Not even butter chicken! *has a bit of an unhealthy obsession with butter chicken* Like Vonda in the red coat above. I day dreamed about that studying for my law school exams for days! And then I made it happen (with the help of a great team of course). That exact vision was in my head and there it be and it blows my friggen mind!!! I can't wait to hammer out a couple more shoots this year :)

Till next year.... hahah jk I hope :)

No comments :