Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I Can See Your Underwear

Dolce & Gabanna Fall RTW 2010
Sometimes I wonder when butt crack will be in style. I genuinely do believe the day is coming. Conservative designers will have sheer fabric across the lower back exposing cracks and the more risky ones like Dolce & Gabbana will do fish net and chains over the cheeks. Perhaps this is why I'm totally cool with what's going on above. I would even wear the dress to the right event.

So I spent the evening drinking wine and watching videos of runway collections and post-show interviews with editors and celebrities who get to call up the designers and shot gun their favorite looks for premieres. Sidenote - I love the way the French pronounce sexuality "sex-OU-al-EE-té". Why must their vowels require such forceful tongue thrusting? So much work for one silly word.

Dolce & Gabanna Fall RTW 2010

Anyways I've come to realize how much I love the way the fashion crowd speaks. It's colorful and wildly imaginative. Everything is described in abstract metamorphical terms. A dress isn't just a dress, it's a whirlwind of fascination. You don't just like the dress you want to make it a candle lit dinner and then make sweet love to it all night long on a sandy white beach (or is that just me?). This is because a dress isn't simply a dress. It is much more. Fashion makes an emotional connection with people.

Dolce & Gabbana Fall RTW 2010

Dolce & Gabanna's show above made attending tough New Yorkers CRY with some behind the scenes footage. I suppose in a cut throat industry a bit of intimacy can be moving like that. This collection is easily in my top 3 this season. It's got a little bit of everything I like in a collection. It's provocative yet lady like, it's full of contradictions and outside the box thinking, the fabrics are very luxe and beautiful, and many up and coming trends are touched upon. Good stuff!

6 comments :

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

I'm kind of enjoyed all the lace and underwear trends too and would totally wear this dress to some event too!

Erin (penny. LA) said...

Oh, why can't we live near one another? To drink wine and watch runway shows... heaven. <3 Sadly, my close friends aren't THAT into fashion.

I like many of the D&G looks you posted, but that yellow dress with the black lace trim is something else... I don't wear tights, but it would look almost wrong if it weren't worn with the tights. Lovely - so great for fall! <3

Sherin said...

I do love that Dolce & Gabanna dress: definitely wearable, even more so after your convincing theory that the butt crack will eventually come into fashion.

Tracey said...

Erin, you and I both don't have a fashion crew! Sucks! I don't know what I would do if I ever met someone as obsessed as me. Cry? lol

Sherin - agreed! very wearable.

Becca. said...

i love the whole 'underwear as outerwear' look it's fab!


thankyou for the comment on my blog :)
XOXO, BECCA
www.fashion-train.co.uk

Kat said...

hahaha, yeah.. i did sound pretty enthusiastic. XD ahh, that sheer polka dotted dress is amazing.

xx,
kat